Dr LO Cheuk Lam, Regina
Clinical Associate Professor
- • MBChB, MD, FRCPA, FRCPath, FHKCPath, FHKAM (Pathology)
Research AreaMolecular pathogenesis of liver diseases
My current research interests focus on:
- Identification and characterization of key molecular targets in liver cancer
- Liver transplant pathology
Training in liver pathology
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York
- Institute of Liver Studies, King’s College Hospital, London
Recent Publications List
- Leung MS, Chan KK, Dai WJ, Wong CY, Au KY, Wong PY, Wong CC, Lee TK, Ng IO, Kao WJ, Lo RC. Anti-tumour effects of PIM kinase inhibition on progression and chemoresistance of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Pathol. 2020 Jun 19. Online ahead of print.
- Tan HW, Leung CO, Chan KK, Ho DW, Leung MS, Wong CM, Ng IO, Lo RC. Deregulated GATA6 modulates stem cell-like properties and metabolic phenotype in hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2019 Oct 1;145(7):1860-1873.
- Lo RC, Leung CO, Chan KK, Ho DW, Wong CM, Lee TK, Ng IO. Cripto-1 contributes to stemness in hepatocellular carcinoma by stabilizing Dishevelled-3 and activating Wnt/β-catenin pathway. Cell Death Differ. 2018 Aug;25(8):1426-1441.
- Lo RC, Chan KK, Leung CO, Ng IO. Expression of hepatic progenitor cell markers in acute cellular rejection of liver allografts - An immunohistochemical study. Clin Transplant. 2018 Mar;32(3):e13203.
- Chan KK, Lo RC. Deregulation of Frizzled Receptors in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Jan 21;19(1):313.
- Lo RC, Chan KK, Chok KS, Ng IO. Liver allograft biopsies with histological cholestasis: a clinicopathological study of 254 cases from a single centre. J Clin Pathol. 2018 Jan;71(1):72-78.
- Chan KK, Leung CO, Wong CC, Ho DW, Chok KS, Lai CL, Ng IO, Lo RC. Secretory Stanniocalcin 1 promotes metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma through activation of JNK signaling pathway.Cancer Lett. 2017 Sep 10;403:330-338.
- Leung CO, Mak WN, Kai AK, Chan KS, Lee TK, Ng IO, Lo RC. Sox9 confers stemness properties in hepatocellular carcinoma through Frizzled-7 mediated Wnt/β-catenin signaling. Oncotarget. 2016 May 17;7(20):29371-86.
- Leung CO, Wong CC, Fan DN, Kai AK, Tung EK, Xu IM, Ng IO, Lo RC. PIM1 regulates glycolysis and promotes tumor progression in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015 May 10;6(13):10880-92.
- Lo RC, Chan SC, Chan KL, Chiang AK, Lo CM, Ng IO. Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders in liver transplant recipients: a clinicopathological study. J Clin Pathol. 2013 May;66(5):392-8.
- Awardee, Clinical Research Fellowship Scheme 2016/17, Research Grants Council, Hong Kong
- Junior Investigator Award, International Liver Cancer Association Annual Conference 2015
- Distinguished Young Fellow 2015, The Hong Kong Academy of Medicine
External research grants
- Health and Medical Research Fund (HMRF), Hong Kong – 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
- General Research Fund (GRF), Research Grants Council, Hong Kong - 2016
Current research lab members
- Kristy Chan (Post-doc Fellow)
- Ella Au (Research Assistant)
- Alfred Suen (MPhil Student)
- Jenny Fung (Technical Assistant)
- Yolanda Yeung (Full-time MMedsc Student)
Supervision of postgraduate students
number of students with completed studies
- MPhil/PhD program: 5
- MMedSc program: 6